Thursday, November 5, 2009

Finally legal

Yesterday I spent 4 1/2 hours in the Office of Foreign and Migratory Affairs waiting to get my visa. It was rather boring, fome, to be sure, but in the end it all worked out. I got to talk with a Colombian dude who is here to study economics, as well as a New Zealander here working to optimize baggage handling at the airport (as he said, if I lose my luggage I can blame him). It was a little embarrassing when I started talking with him and asked if he was Ireland because of his accent. Oops. I also received my visa, which means that I can finally legally study here. This is a good thing not only because I think it might be technically illegal to study on a tourist visa, but also because my tourist visa had already expired. I was and am thanking God for working everything out so nicely. All right, I´m five minutes late to class, so I´d better book it. :D

1 comment: