Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting around

As the last couple days have been very beautiful, I´ve been able to get a few decent shots of the mountains. The first few are taken very close to my home.

Little children´s gardens are to be found on practically every block. I believe they are just daycare centers, but perhaps they function as kindergartens as well.

This next photo was taken from the little park right in front of my house.

Now we come to my university, La Católica as we say, in particular Campus San Joaquín, where I believe all my classes will be housed.

This is a view of the economics and administrative sciences building.

This is perhaps a more realistic/pessimistic view of the same building. Beauty is in the eye of the photographer, I think.

A tractor driving down one of the university streets.

And here am I, reading The World Is Flat, quite happily sitting in the warm sun after leisurely touring the campus and drinking an 80 cent soft drink. Foodstuffs here tend to be a bit cheaper than in the U.S.

Here is the park in front of my house, where I can update my blog using my home´s wireless internet, or attempt to juggle without getting waylaid by the cute little neighborhood kids, such as Nicolás. ¿Me la aprestas una?

Of course, one has to get to know the neighborhood dogs a bit too. The tiny white one is a bit blurry because it couldn´t stay still. When it tried to kiss Nicolás, he was sure he´d been bitten. ¡Me mordió! he said in tears. Oh, niños.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the nice pictures! It helps me feel like I can really picture where you are and what you're doing!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete