Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Since blogging is now the rage...

I am creating my own blog. My family has a blog, David & Kelsea have a blog, Ruth & Adam have a blog, Sharayah has a blog--why can't I have my own blog? I demand my rights! Just kidding... I think that I have better reasons than that for having my own little publishing space. It is interesting, though, to see how true it is that everyone wants to upload his own content these days (The World Is Flat, anyone?). My reasons for jumping heartily on the bandwagon are as follows:

1) I like writing. Blogging is an easy way to write things that people might actually read.

2) I am going to Chile! I will try to upload pictures and stories of my adventures in the Southern Hemisphere, instead of trying to remember it all in chronological order when I return.

3) etc. :)

These past several weeks have been great at home, as I've enjoyed Sharayah's visit (including bowling with the fam and Meredith),

going to my brothers' baseball games,






and playing tennis with Eric, among other enjoyable activities.


It was a ridiculously short summer, that much is true, but I am excited. In less than two days I will be living in a Chilean home, speaking Spanish with my new family, and layering up to survive the not-so-arctic Chilean winter.

And now off to declare an economics minor before flying halfway across the world.

¡Hasta la vista!

1 comment:

  1. I'm disappointed my visit didn't make an appearance in this post.

    ReplyDelete