Monday, October 19, 2009

It is more blessed to give than to receive





Today was quite an enjoyable day. After church, I enjoyed an absolutely delectable cook-out with my family here--choripan (grilled sausage eaten in tasty bread), pork, and beef. Chips and peanuts were available too, and for just about everything there was the scrumptious, spicy pebre sauce. Several delicious varieties of salad completed the meal. Conversation was animated, and we all amused ourselves with the wind-up running mice that were meant to be toys for the baby granddaughter who was there. In short, the simple joys of life.

This evening I was able to go out bowling with some of my church friends as well (hence the bowling pictures). Bowling was definitely a blast, but my favorite moment of the day came before that. Since I was getting dropped off at the mall early, I brought juggling balls to keep myself occupied for an hour. I heard a lot of little kids say, "¡Mira!" One little boy came up to me with $2000 (that´s Chilean pesos in case you were worried), or about $4 US, which I think his parents had given him. It was supposed to be a donation to my fund, I guess. I felt kind of bad getting so much money from a cute little 6-year old, so I asked him if he knew how to do it. Since he didn´t, I told him I´d teach him something before he gave me the money. We started with one ball, and moved to two. He was picking it up really well for his age. It sounded like he didn´t really have good juggling balls to practice with at home, so I decided to give him three of mine. I checked with the parents as I left too, just to make sure they were cool with it. So in the end, I guess I earned $4 - 3($6) = -$14 or so, as well as now only having 4 juggling balls to my name. But that doesn't matter. I think I may have made a little kid's day, and I know that he made mine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he's a happy little boy! And maybe he'll go on to be a good juggler like you! I'm very glad when all your talents are used for the Lord's glory.--Mom

    ReplyDelete